PICK UP TIMES:
THURSDAY, FRIDAY OR SATURDAY 4PM-7PM. Pick up at The Leonardo at 209 East 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
*For corporate events or orders, please contact Maria at 801-859-4632 to schedule a different pick up time/date.
What is Fresh Pasta?
Unlike dry pasta, fresh pasta cooks faster, taste lighter and softer and it soaks any sauce better.
Fresh pasta is delicate and you must keep it refrigerated until you are ready to toss in the boiling water.
Fresh pasta only lasts 2 days, after that - especially the filled pasta, will become saggy. It's like the pizza you order at the local store and bake it at home.
It's fresh and ready to be cooked!
1. Place pasta in refrigerator until step 3.
2. Boil water - 16 cups per 16 oz of pasta.
3. Add salt - 1 pinch of salt per cup of water.
4. Gently place pasta in hard boiling
(212 degrees F).
5. Cook for:
- Ravioli = 1-2 minutes *Gluten Free Ravioli = 3-4 minutes.
-Cappelletti/Mezza Luna = 2-3 minutes
- Long pasta (fettuccines, spaghetti, etc.) 2-3 minutes.
- Short pasta (farfalle, garganelli) 3-4 minutes.
***IF YOU COOK THE PASTA FOR LONGER THAN LISTED ABOVE or LEAVE THE PASTA SITTING IN HOT WATER AFTER THE COOKING TIME LISTED, THE PASTA WILL TURN SLIMY*** Don't do this! You want your pasta to be al dente or silky smooth.
6. Once you take the pasta out of the water - make sure all the water is drained, add swirl of olive oil and enjoy it with your favorite cheese or pasta sauce.